June 12, 2009

Shorter Me & Other Stuff

About the preceding post: in an email exchange with a friend, I just remarked, "For &#(*@^&#% sake, can't these people even remember that we're talking about the @$%@$&^&^%# DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY?!?!?!?! I mean, ^%$**&^%@^%%@$^&!!!!!!"

But, see, I don't like to be that, er, rude all the time (there were actual words in my email). And I like to fill in a little evidence. So, therefore and thusly...

Many thanks to the kind and generous folks who have responded to this. All okay on the meds front now. Food for the next several weeks is covered, too. Thank you! But a few overdue bills remain outstanding, and I'm always happy to put by just a little reserve for next month, which always arrives much faster than anyone anticipates, including me. (I'll never be able to make a dent in the hospital bills, for less than a 24-hour stay and a bunch of tests, but nothing else at all. The final total is even more than I had thought two months after the hospitalization, since a couple of more bills came in. The grand, overall, maybe final, total total: over $15,000.00. Sheesh. But as is said, you can't get blood from a stone, or a tomato from Legos, or sex from a blog ... wait. I think you can do that last one ... hmm ... say, what if ... gosh! I'm mumbling IN PRINT, aren't I? Nevermind. Hahaha.)

Many thanks again to all, for your kindness and support.